Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ARRRRRR I'm geARRRing up for talk like a Pirate Day


http://www.talklikeapirate.com/partykit/tlapdbanner2.gif
Argggggg September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day (no, really it is - check the website.) Still not convinced? check their Flickr photostream!

Ever since I saw the movie Hook, I have always had a soft spot for pirates. I watched that VHS so many times the tape ripped. I am fairly certain I quote this movie 2+ times a week. In honor of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I thought I would share some of the more jovial pirate/pirate related items that we have here at the Wellesley Free Library.

Books:
The pirate queen : Queen Elizabeth I, her pirate adventurers, and the dawn of empire
The pirate wars
Pirate: a novel
search through our catalog for more books on pirates and pirate related fiction

Movies:
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean Movies:
    Curse of the Black Pearl  
    Dead Man's Chest
    At World's End
    On Stranger Tides
and many more, check our catalog and search by material type: DVD

Children's:
Your life as a cabin boy on a pirate ship
Pirate boy
Jake and the Never Land Pirates. Peter Pan returns
and many more! Head to the Children's room to find more pirate related books and DVDs!

Want to really get into the spirit? Switch your Facebook language to Pirate by going to:
Account Settings > Language > English (Pirate)and therrrrrrre ya have it Matey!



Find your Inner Pirate with the Official Talk Like a Pirate Personality Inventory

!!!***UPDATE***!!!
As I am new here, I am learning new things every day. I JUST learned the online language resource Mango, provided by the Wellesley Free Library, has pirate lessons. Check them out yourself! Head to http://www.wellesleyfreelibrary.org/ on the left hand menu choose Online Resources Scroll down to M - or use M navigation on the right hand side - to Mango

 
Have a great International Talk Like a Pirate Day buccaneers!

~Jason 

No comments: